March 12, 2021
Pondi picks: Tangerine Thyme Margarita
With Spring just around the corner and the temperatures slowly rising, we've been craving a fruity refresher for our weekend r&r. Inspired by the colors starting to pop up outside and by our wish to be back on the dreamy sands of Mexico, the Tangerine Thyme Margarita was born.
Pick some tangerines from your neighborhood tree if you're lucky like us, or a few from your local farmer's market or store (remember to shop small!). Make sure to grab some fresh thyme and limes too.
The cocktail itself is simple but sure to impress. Here's what you need to know to make one:
- Thyme simple syrup
- 0.5 cup water
- 0.5 cup honey
- Few sprigs of thyme
- Tangerine thyme margarita
- 2 oz tangerine juice
- 1.5-2 oz tequila of your choice
- 0.5 oz lime juice
- 0.5 oz Cointreau
- 0.5 oz honey thyme simple syrup
- Make the simple syrup: Combine water, honey, and a thyme into a small saucepan. Boil and stir until honey is completely dissolved. Remove from heat, let cool, then strain into a jar.
- Prepare the cocktail: Use a citrus juicer to juice a few tangerines and a lime, then set aside. You can store the juices a few days if you have extra!
- Shake it: Add ice to a cocktail shaker, then combine all the ingredients. Give it a shake for 15-20 seconds, then strain over a sugar- or salt-rimmed glass filled with ice. Garnish with a sprig of thyme and a tangerine wheel, or just get straight to sippin'.